Automation Rules allow to extend Targetprocess functionality. They add the ability to automatically react to a change in Targetprocess or an event in a third party service, execute custom logic, and form a pack of changes that will be made in Targetprocess as a result. The Automation Rules fully replace Webhooks Plugin and preconfigured Custom Rules.
Automation Rules can be triggered on:
- Update of a Targetprocess entity;
- Time interval;
- Incoming Webhook from a third-party service.
Automation Rules can be used to:
- Create, Update or Delete a Targetprocess entity;
- Send HTTP request;
Popular use cases:
- Automatically change the state of a card;
- Create a set of Tasks under a User Story;
- Inherit field values from parent entity to child entities or vice versa;
- Set a default description to a newly created card;
- Post updates to Slack.
Updated about a year ago